Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chinese Paper Fan Treat Bags


Kong Hoi Fat Choi.... It mean Happy Chinese New Year in Chinese, in case you're wandering! Its the year of the Snake! I don't speak Chinese , but my father in law does, fluently. Lol... Today, we are off to celebrate Chinese New year with the in law. My hubby side of the family who is half Chinese and half Cambodian.  We also bringing a dish and of course I made some Chinese paper fan goodies treats for the kiddos. :)



Here are the cute little Chinese goodies bags. I had some left over of these red craft bags and the Hello Kitty scrape book page. I though these would make the perfect Chinese favors, especially when the treats bags are in the color red. From what I had been told from my hubby is that the color red in Chinese is a symbolize of good luck, good fortune and successful.


What do you think about the paper fans? Its turned out so beautiful especially with all these pretty print from More Amour dsp. Love it!
These treat bags are so fun to make. What I did was, I used some red craft bags that I had for a while. I also used the lovely amour dsp paper to make the paper fans. I cut the paper  4  x 7. I wanted to make a mini paper fans to fit it nicely onto the treat bags. The size of the paper fan turned out the right size as I want it to be. The trick to hold the fan onto the craft bags is that I used the sticky strip. Love those stuffs. Then I just punch out the 1 3/8 scallop to make the base of the fan. And of course I have to add a little banner that say, " Happy New Year." There you have it. You can  filled anything you want inside the bags. I also add a little Hello Kitty image for the girls on their bags and for the boys, they just have a simple one. :)


Here is what inside the bags. I filled in all kind of goodies, Hershey kisses, Hello Kitty fruit snacks, lots of fortune cookies for good luck, and of course the popular one, Chinese money envelopes.


Look at this Chinese envelope. Isn't it so adorable? Its has two little girls images. Its totally remind me of my girls. These one are giving to her little cousins.

Inside the envelope are two dollar bills. The kids are going to love it!

Thanks for stopping!!!! Kong Hoi Fat Choi, again! :)

Hugs,
Chan


Here is what you need to make these Chinese paper fan goodies bags:

Card Stocks: Real red, whispers white, and more amour dsp
Stamp: Teeny tiny wishes
Ink: Real red
Accessories/ Tools: Big Shot, sticky strip,  itty bitty banner framelits, 1 3/4 scallop punch, 13/4 circle punch, 2 3/8 scallop punch, and dimensions
Extras: Red craft bags, Hello Kitty scrape book page, stapler, and any goodies to filled in those bags

No comments: